About Me

Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hello Friend! Welcome to my poetry blog.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Today's Coffee

I tricked Dick Nixon into copping to it.
I gave him a handkerchief.
Then I was Chief of the Handkers,
which has a lot of perks.

Little known:
Perks is short for Perquisites.
And that's why I'm a poet,
and you are a bank teller.
You count scraps of paper,
and I mumble to myself.

If I was an actor, they'd pay me to fart,
which is preferable to cutting up pigs,
or humping a Xerox machine
(those sexy beasts though!)

And Trish Nixon, well, she removed her wig once,
and that is all it took:
You can buy 10 for a dollar
in the wholesale district
and put them on

whatever little politica prances
into the bar, or arcade, or the party,
and gives you that Need Eye beacon -

- like a fake airstrip,
constructed out of lights and mirrors,
so in the nighttime, the Germans don't bomb the real one,
our boys, our planes, our watchtowers.

I remembered this when I dated a girl
who said I looked like a Kennedy.
I knew then I was fucked.

No comments: