About Me

Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hello Friend! Welcome to my poetry blog.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meeting With a Slug

Slug on the door,
you give me the willies.
You are near the bottom.
I noticed you when I stepped outside to smoke.

You shimmy along on your own mucus,
and you are a mollusk,
this I know.
You are a snail without a shell.
And perhaps that is the reason
why you give me the willies tonight.

If I salted you,
you would shrivel,
as you did when I was young.
What would you say
if I blew smoke on you now?
What would you say if I spat on you?
I suppose I could crush you,
boot you, stick you, door you,
I've been pissed on too.

You are thinking your way to the bottom
and I hold the door open just enough
so that you will have an easy path
to the ground there below.
You take your time.
You are naked in every way.
I help you down.

No comments: